Saturday 16 July 2011

May I Miss? Formal.



Return


Twittering in the night
Sound bounding over the walls
To rest against my pillowed ear
Now is the moment
I may turn
I may turn
To June and ask for release
A sentence I have served
Beneath the glares
Under the sea of gales
People people people
Who I do not admire
Demand my time
Flight weightless carries
Walk burdened across tarmac
Glistening
Returned from
Sunshine kissed all over our bodies
Your blotched reaction cuts
Sweet how sweet your head
Lick the salt from my toes
We are selecting our moments
To become our memories
Those outer two
Can not impede
But may I miss?
A little,
May I miss?





Formal

Stepping up is not easy
Stepping down is not easy.
She will ask questions if you are hurt.
Why should you be hurt?
That spider knows why,
That woodlouse grows still,
I pretend I am not in me.
Darkened soil from showering
It grains my palms
So lovely
Washing away soapily
Then quick red line over white
Cold hands
Cut
Cut
Slice
If I am not sick
If I am not well
If I am not part
If I am not apart
She only sees herself in you.


Chewing the fat
Unrewarded
Chunk of table
Fat legs between mine
Lolling tongue of dog
Warmth perpetrates
This action-
Sick.
Another round of drinks
Tinkle
Shadows veer fast on the sharp metal
Shoes should be off
Nodding nothings on you
Shaking time off my shoulders
Stairs surely not
Up them down them
A burst of my image, red- gone.
I stand accused of beating you
Why would I deny the truth?


In the kitchen he blew smoke
Up into the cooker fan
It swirled a little with his words
I wanted to grant reassurance
He has things to say
I want to hear
I will now never hear
 The rounds of humanity are circled
A tick for envy
A tick for lust
We must not share this child
There are limits
He must be sacrificed to our adulthood
Poor free-ranging thing with a limp
Now without a bleeding heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment