Saturday 16 July 2011

Employment



My employment has always involved communication, working with the public means that at all times one must be open to great variations in circumstance; particularly in a gallery setting, a person must be prepared to be open minded about what can appear to be closed mindedness- articulation & eloquence must be recognised as being as variable as the gallery’s visitors. Object & Animate. My need to create has meant I have always made, this has allowed me to develop as a practically minded person. My employment pushed me to discover my intelligence as being something of 
no real
use.



My employment has allowed me to develop excellent communication skills. And a profound ability to find the good in all people, even as they are hating me.



My employment did nothing for me other than put marbles in my mouth- cold and hard and every second about to choke me- and whistling while I franked the post the post the post- modern, why that felt good... that felt old, and signified Nearly Home. And nicely dressed and neat- and- oh!- smart as a button says the round academic, he can see that in my eyes. But my eyes are too small to eat you with Mr Wolf!
But- here,
My Breasts.



My employment allowed me to cry quietly on the bus with the weight of loneliness.



My employment has meant that I have been witness to a lot of shit- I mean stinking shit- pouring- gushing- fountains OF SHIT- issuing from the mouths and minds of the others stuck in the white space, in the shop space, in the school room, in the store room, on the sun-warmed steps, before the toilet mirror, to the sound of the tap, to the sound of the lost visitor, to the sound of the confused Mother, the angry Father, …to the sound of the voices naming me as Bitch- naming me as Psychologically Understood & Dismissed by the Great Universal Educations they swagger beneath.



My employment began when I was old enough to understand language, body language initially and then graduating to the grotesque spoken word. There is no ‘I’ in ‘teem’ and as a consequence I am absolutely unable to put my own wants and needs before those of others.



My employment has resulted in my contracting the disease most recently named Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment