Monday 18 July 2011

SONGPOMES- small act of bravery cont'...



Idiots return-




you went your way

and I went mine

but now you’re back

and you’re wasting my time



again

again



the same again



who are you not to tell me a thing

to not mention

who it is

there

with the telephone ring



I’m not tied to you

Only bound.



(toss)





Letting go




I let you go a long time ago

And stayed here holding out my arms,

I know you’re with someone new

But my thoughts still end with you



That maelstrom



Oh how can I

Move on

When your breath concerns mine

So.



I let you go a long time ago

But I’m still here

Holding out my arms



Oh my bones ache

Oh my heart aches



Though my actions will never tell.

…(guitar)…


(dross)



Like I You




Like being woken from a dream

Like being taken from what you need

Like being learned from a book of lies

Like being told that only success can set you down high



Way above

Way below

Way one sided

Poor poor solo



I could jump in the waters and drown or swim

I could leave my love and never long forget him

I could earnestly earn and never get rich

I could tell you all to fuck off & live like a bitch



Way above

Way below

Way one sided

Poor solo

Way above

Way below

Way one sided

Poor, poor, poor solo



You will hear forever nothing

You will see what you can touch

You will smell always of something

You will dance only to love.





Clear as Night




And the love you take

Won’t return

If taken without care

And the love you give

Will come back

All covered up with hate



If you took my hand

When I said

We wouldn’t be in this mess

And If you heard my voice

When I cried

We would both know what is best

Kept-

Clear as night

Bright as day

We would feel-

Clear as night

Bright as day



Take it now

Take my hand

Let’s go walking out

Of the door

Down the street

Into nothing new





Blunder Buzz




There are a thousand ways to loss

But not so many ways to found-



The last waltz last night

I’m banned from street & mountain

The city is neon stripes

Soaked eyesight blurs

Twinkle.

Twinkle.

Forever is a long time,

I cannot wait.

That sets the wet moments alight

That wraps me round me, tight.



Ocean.

Sea.

Stretch.

Horizon.

And that’s only one little piece of me.

String job’s lot together and we might get on alright.

Discord is your sound

Talk some more, I invite you round.

We listen to seven inches of happiness-

… wine and careless,

You fall to the floor in a laughing fit

And that’s only the start of it.

We talk and we talk and we talk.

It is all always nothing.

Freeing.

There’s something being built here.

Ignore it.

Ignore it.

Man.

Woman.

Woman.



Ignore it,

We must and we will-

There is a way

To nourish a friendship without sex in the way.

And forever to never say.



It.






You never wrote to me but if you had

I would’ve kept every letter

But as it is you didn’t

And I think that that’s better.


(balls)



Strong Not Strong



Rain falls.

I make the call

To bury you-

Alive.

One thousand times I’ve tried

To find a way to hurt you

But nothing gets through

Nothing gets through to you



Go under the ground now.



Nails and days hammered,

Lead nights sleepless and cold

Soft-

Would you be so bold?

Dare

To tell me the truth just once.

I must warm.



I’ve taken all I can from a man who doesn’t love me

I’ve given all I can to a time that does not hold me



Go tell!

What never was-

It.

It

Has come to an end.

And I’ll begin the pretending

Of being… friends.



In November the lights draw thin

And what kind of mess have I got myself in?



I had not understood deception.

Cynical baby.



I’ve taken all I can from a source that will not nourish me

And I’ve shot myself but I’m not bleeding.

Although my face is a mess.



You have riddled me.

You have rumpled me.



Telephones make me anxious,

You could never be on the other end

With your breath held and your mind empty.



Come back to me

Come back to me

Come back to me



The most I know is,

You are not to blame.

This,

All this,

Is-

My blood & bones.




Learn




I’m no believer

But I’ve been told

That the sun makes the moon

And that time will roll

All over me



I’m no great learner

But I’ve been taught

That happiness

Can not be bought

By anyone



I’m no lover

But I’ve heard it’s true

That over and over

Still-

I love you-

I love you.



Pointless as owning a leopard.



Greenleaves




gladly mistake a day for a week

and a week for a day

now she’s gone

time stretches back and away

medicated green covers the wall

sage

seven years is too long

underneath boatman's song

drift the tenderest notes of despair

oh, but tell me; how will I get there?



What is it that she needs from you?

Tell me,tell me- tell me again

I was born strong

I can understand pain

And not much else

Oh, not much else.

(boobies)



Consistency



And maybe tonight I don’t feel like staying in

With you and your ego and your shit eating grin



Dexterity



Hold your tongue

Till I tell you

To let go….



We are not sleeping,

My love.

So when I tell you

I’m leaving,

The least you can do is believe me

Oh, believe me.



I’ve held your head

In my hands

While you wept

For another

Whom you love

More than life itself

And knowing your heart is

In the palm of another man

Leads me to this day….



Where I hold your hand

One last time

And leave this land,

To travel on my own…



So please believe,

We are not sleeping.

And understand why I am leaving.





...i'm not mad i'm just big brained.






No comments:

Post a Comment