Saturday 16 July 2011

Imposition. Meringue Nests (4). Six Times. A.P.E.




Imposition.

I could impose on you,
Gently.
Taking a moment of your time
In my hands,
I would expose myself
As being heavy water.
Sloshing goodly on the manners,
Taking gulps of air and wine
To gather courage.

I use the moment in my hands,
Knead it like putty,
Tease out feet and head,
Touch the neck
I think of on the bus,
The hair I smell-
Imaginary.

The constant cook,
The eternal host
To a microcosm of fear
That rustles with life
And turns purple berries
To a slow win.

Loss is comfortable
Cigarettes yellow my fingers
On this Monday afternoon,
So clear and cold.
I know that I am okay
But feel readymade and dismissed.






Six Times


Six times I tried
Nothing
No one is built for six.
And don’t you just know….
The seventh time
The seventh time,
Then he comes back.
Heart in his stinking hat.
Mouth full of zero
Head full of less
And still he leans
Down
In
And rests his head against my chest.






Meringue Nests (4)

The sugar on my fingers blinks the flame,
Your sweet tooth should
Fit here;
Under there;
You remember.
Stretch out the same limbs,
Roll out my laughs
And,
Shake the same scar that
I want beneath my tongue.
Feel your heart
Through
My
Small
Frame.
Beside you.
Not lanky;
So dark,
I wish
I wish
So fucking hard
That you
Will
Stay.





 

A.P.E


Laugh harder
I said.
Laugh harder.
Till your sides split
Find a tailor
To sew you up.
Stitch you up.
I always thought
You wore a donkey jacket,
That you sang-a-long
With Run Rabbit
Run rabbit
Run
run
run
Here comes the farmer with his.
Churned up a Friday;
My routine
Harvested
Before it was ripe
Always the story.
Aisles off the German meats
I fell for you.
Outrageous.
I discourage
Myself
With pale Paola.
If I were a painter
I’d paint the concrete.












No comments:

Post a Comment